Immediate Benefits to a meditator
- Inner peace and silence, better attention and concentration, calming influence on everyone around us.
- Stress management through raising own our stress resistance and by changing our reactions to things that disturb us.
- Freedom from habits and addictions.With time the feeling of bliss from meditations will be enough for meditators to stop looking for other sources like smoking , drinking to get happy. They do drink socially but not to derive solace or ease from drinking or smoking.
- Improved health through cleansing of our subtle system. Like our physical body needs good balanced food and adequate exercise for cleansing , our mind needs meditation to cleanse the subtle body which surrounds our physical body. Seers have said that diseases first start in subtle body many weeks before they appear in physical body. So meditation will keep the subtle body energies balanced.
- Changed priorities, we start to discover our own inner source of self-motivation, self-respect and enthusiasm for life. The competition for power, position, money has made man more tense than ever before in the history of 3000 years and after meditating for few weeks the shift of priorities becomes evident and makes a person at ease with life.
Long-term Benefits of Osho Active Meditations
The body's nervous system, which is part of an ultra sophisticated control mechanism, is divided into three parts; the Central, Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous Systems. These systems control how we act and perceive our universe through the senses and the autonomic system also governs the automatic running of our bodies by controlling essential non-conscious tasks such as the rate of our heart-beat, our blood flow and our breathing patterns.
One of the beneficial side effects of a active meditation is that our autonomic system automatically reduces any physical over-activity in our body. Since the system is also the part of us which governs the 'fight or flight' mechanism within us all (which in the modern world can be damagingly over excited through stress) this can prove to be of major benefit to our health.The by-product of active meditations is deep relaxation which continues not only hours but days after the meditation. It has been suggested that this is accomplished through the improved energy flow which occur at the Limbic area (i.e. the Sahasrara chakra at the top of the head) which is linked to the sympathetic nervous system.
Only through total activity as a by-product a total relaxation can be achieved and active meditations are devices to take us gradually and beautifully to that space of relaxation where time slows down and our everyday mundane things like the morning air, the green of tres and the yellow of sun , all give tremendous fulfillness and joy to us.
1. Physical benefits of meditation
It is our subtle body (prana ) which co-ordinates all the work done by the organs and the cells in our body. When one of our energy centers (chakra) is blocked, physical dysfunctions appear in the organ it controls. It is then that most illnesses appear. Traditional medicine tries to cure the symptoms and medicines are targeted towards the affected organ. Meditation allows us to attack the cause directly, by re-balancing our subtle energy flow system thus cleaning our centers (chakra). Thus, even so-called incurable illnesses can be cured in a wholistic manner by the purifying work of the energy of the Kundalini.
Osho's Dynamic meditation works on the subtle body through rebalancing the breathing system and hitting the Hara center for invoking the dormant energy inside us.. Osho Kundalini Meditation directly works on the Kundalini energy by generating the body electricity by vibrations of body and then directs the generated energy all over the body.
2. Mental benefits of meditation
Normally we see our world through our thoughts. And we have thoughts in our mind continuously day in day out. So we see the world as if we are seeing it through colored glasses. The modern psychology says that it is the number of thoughts coming in one's mind that determines if a person is sane or in the verge of going depressed or insane. Osho active meditations naturally help the thoughts to appear in our mental frame less and less and also help us watch the thoughts like watching the clouds in the sky. This gives us a calm and stres-free mind.
If you are interested in knowing more about the amazing capacities of brain , and undiscovered mysteries it has..see here
A person who does regular Osho Dynamic meditation can never go into depression or any kind of psychiatric illness in his life. The gradual slowing down of thought process will bring out a new creative mind , one will find oneself more connected to the existence around and a strong clarity in rational thinking and decision-making can be experienced.This will help in all fields whether one is a medical student or a lawyer or a corporate manager of a business firm.
3. Emotional benefits of meditation
When the Kundalini is awakened through meditation, our emotions are also brought into balance. All the weaknesses such as greed, fear, insecurity, jealousy etc. which hinder the expression of pure and sincere sentiments, are reduced when the joy of meditation is felt. This joy is absolute, devoid of all duality. Our all fears , greed and jealousy arise because we feel disconnected with the existence around , with the people around , with the nature around. Meditation creates a bridge , an energy connection with the existence around us which itself dissolves all fear, jealousy and hatred that dwell and overcomes us from time to time.
4. Spiritual benefits of meditation
Meditation reveals to us the eternal, divine being that is truth, awareness and bliss. All the buddhas of past and present have explained it as - ' Sat- Chit- Anand i.e., truth-consciusness-bliss . We become part and parcel of the whole, like a drop of water that gets dissolved in the ocean , and in meditation our bio-energy melts with the cosmic energy. This experience is the next stage in the evolution of an ordinary human being's awareness: that person is said to be born again or realized. This means that our spiritual essence, that had been hidden until then, becomes reality. Our union with the whole will become stronger and stronger as we go along in meditation and that is without doubt the most precious benefit that Kundalini awakening can bring us.