Happy Birthday OSHO!
We gather together on Sunday, Dec 11th, for a one-day meditation retreat and 80th Osho Birthday Celebration at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center
"My work is a movement not to create a Religion but to create Religiousnes. It is simply a movement, neither a cult nor a sect nor a religion but a movement for meditation, an effort to create a science of the inner. It is a science of consciousness. Just as the science is there for objective world, this movement is preparing a science for the subjective world. The scientist will study everything, and we are going to study the scientist. Otherwise he will be left alone. He will be able to know everything except himself, and that will be real shame, that Albert Einstein knows so much about electrons and neutrons and protons that only twelve persons in the whole world can understand it, but he knows nothing about himself. This is a very ugly state. So my work is a movement not to create a religion but to create religiousness.
I take religiousness as a quality, not as a membership of an organization but an inner experience of one's being. And it is going to happen. It is happening. Now nobody can call my movement a cult, sect or religion. My movement is purely a scientific approach towards the inner world. And it is individual. " - OSHO "The Last Testament Volume 4"
Theme of this meditation camp : Osho Birthday Celebration
This is an open workshop for all seekers , new and old, seekers of all different paths who have walked in search of freedom from the mind, who have taken a conscious effort to start a journey in this path from mind to heart and from heart to the being.
The tentative schedule for the Sunday's event is:
- 8:30 – 9:30 – Osho Dynamic Meditation ( most powerful session of the day, don't miss)
- 9:30 – 10:30 – Breakfast and Rest
- 10:30 - 11:00 - Osho Audio Discourse with emphasis on "The Art of Listening"
- ------- 15 Mins Break -------
- 11:15 - 12:30 - Vipassana Meditation / Nataraj Meditation / Stop Meditation
- 12:30 – 2:30 – Lunch and Rest / River Visit
- 2:30 – 3:45 – Chakra Sound / Nadabrahma Meditation / No Mind Meditation
- ------- 15 Mins Break -------
- 4:00 – 5:15 – Osho Kundalini Meditation
- ------- 30 Mins Break -------
- 5:45 – 7:00 – Osho B'day Celebration & Evening Celebration
Wear loose colorful clothes and come in an empty stomach. Clean drinking water is provided. Bring your own towels.
You do not need yoga mats as meditation cushions are provided by us.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier for getting necessary instructions on meditations.
The suggested love donations for the event is 30$ , which includes Breakfast, vegetarian lunch, afternoon organic herbal tea and whole day of meditations with a loving, caring group of fellow meditators.
You can join us from the morning (highly recommended) or join us for some of these sessions as your schedule permits. If you are joining in from in-between please text us or call us so that you don't come when some meditation session is going on.
Location / Walking directions of the Meditation Center :
- N or Q train from 42nd Street, Times Square,directed to Ditmars Boulevard ( get off the train on the last stop)
- Walk north-east on 31st street towards Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn left at Ditmars Blvd.
- Walk from 31st street straight to 19th street in Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn right at 19th street towards 21st Drive.
- Turn left at 19th street and 21st drive to get to 18-52 block,
- ask for entrance door to the centre in the 18-52 block 1st floor
Upcoming Meditations/Celebrations at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center.
- December 17, Saturday , 8:30am to 8pm
- December 24, Saturday , 8:30am to 8pm - Christmas eve
- December 31, Saturday , 8:30am to 8pm - New Year's eve