We gather together on Saturday, Jan 14, for a one-day meditation retreat at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center
One Day Osho Meditation Workshop
"Cathartic methods are modern inventions. In Buddha’s time they were not needed because people were not so repressed. People were natural, people lived primitive lives—uncivilised, spontaneous lives. So Vipassana---vipassana means insight—was given by Buddha directly to people.
But now you cannot go into Vipassana directly. And the teachers who go on teaching Vipassana directly don’t belong to this century; they are two thousand years backward. Yes, sometimes they may help one or two persons out of one hundred persons, but that can’t do much.
I am introducing cathartic methods, so that first what the civilization has done to you can be undone, so you can become primitive again. From that primitiveness, from primal innocence, insight becomes easily available.” - OSHO
Theme of this meditation camp : Active Techniques - a bridge to Meditation. Meditation happens by itself - in the gaps - in the silence - in relaxation - in aloneness.
This is an open workshop for all seekers , new and old, seekers of all different paths who have walked in search of freedom from the mind, who have taken a conscious effort to start a journey in this path from mind to heart and from heart to the being.
The tentative schedule for the Saturday's event is:
- 8:30 – 9:45 – Osho Dynamic Meditation ( most powerful session of the day, don't miss)
- 9:45 - 10:00 Silence (Please observe silence)
- 10:00– 11:00 – Awareness Breakfast and Rest
- 11:00- 12:15 - Osho Audio Discourse / Mini Passive Meditation (Anapan Satiyog, or some passive technique)
- ------ 15 Mins break -------- (Please observe silence)
- 12:15 - 1.00 - Meditation Session - II - (Stop Dance )
- 1:00 – 2:30 – Awareness Lunch and Rest / River Visit
- 2:30 – 3:15 – Meditation -III - (Passive meditation after lunch)
- ------- 30 Mins Break ---Be with yourself - (Silence is recommended - Optional) Avoid eating anything before Kundalini.
- 4:15 – 5:30 – Osho Kundalini Meditation
- ------- 30 Mins Tea Break -------(Be with yourself)
- 6:00 – 7:00 – Evening Satsang
** Schedule is tentative and will be adjusted according to need.
Wear loose colorful clothes and come in an empty stomach. Clean drinking water is provided.
Bring your own towels. You do not need yoga mats as meditation cushions are provided by us.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier for getting necessary instructions on meditations.
The suggested love donations for the event is 25$ , which includes Breakfast, vegetarian lunch, afternoon organic herbal tea and whole day of meditations with a loving, caring group of fellow meditators.
You can join us from the morning (highly recommended) or join us for some of these sessions as your schedule permits.
If you are joining in from in-between please text us or call us so that you don't come when some meditation session is going on.
Location / Walking directions of the Meditation Center :
- N or Q train from 42nd Street, Times Square,directed to Ditmars Boulevard ( get off the train on the last stop) Walk north-east on 31st street towards Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn left at Ditmars Blvd. Walk from 31st street straight to 19th street in Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn right at 19th street towards 21st Drive.
- Turn left at 19th street and 21st drive to get to 18-52 block,
- ask for entrance door to the centre in the 18-52 block 1st floor
Upcoming Meditations/Celebrations at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center.
Jan 21/28, 2012 (Jan 21 is a special Celebration on the Occassion of Osho Mahaparinirvan day - Jan 19th)