"When you are joyous that is the right time to meditate". OSHO
OSHO MUSIC & MEDITATION FESTIVAL
Osho Gandharva Band & Friends,
Energy Drum Circles
At Foundation of Light, amidst beautiful mountains and waterfalls of Ithaca, NY.
Open your heart to meditation and existential harmony with Gandharva’s LIVE music.
Enjoy a relaxed company of fellow meditators and friends of Osho.
Celebrate the beauty of nature with a Zen walk into the waterfalls and Gorges of Ithaca
Cleanse your body with healthy vegetarian food, Yoga and Pranayama every morning.
Invite yourself this Fall to a new adventure, a new space within & fill it with love and music.
It will take place the weekend of September 13-15, 2013. It will start Friday evening at 7:30 and will end on Sunday afternoon at 4:30 pm.
Where will the festival take place?
It will be held at the same place where we had our beautiful camp last May: Foundation of Light, Ithaca, NY. Ithaca is a town of crystal lakes and waterfalls. http://www.visitithaca.com/visitor-info/the-ithaca-experience.html
Foundation of Light’s meditation hall is built upon a huge crystal which emanates a strong energy field. It has been an experience of many people to feel timeless moments & levitation during silent sittings in the hall.
Ithaca is also home to Namgyal Monastery which is the North American seat of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. www.namgyal.org
Ithaca is commonly listed among the most culturally liberal of American small cities. The Utne Reader named Ithaca "America's most enlightened town" in 1997.
What will the weekend consist of?
- The weekend will start Friday evening with a LIVE music prayer on Medicine Buddha , a healing mantra for body and soul.
- We will end the evening with a night meditation.
- Saturday and Sunday mornings will start with Yoga, Pranayama and Dynamic Meditation followed by spontaneous entry into Vipassana meditation. Yoga and Dynamic Meditation will be led by Sw. Dhyan Saurav who has been trained in Osho Tapoban, an ashram in the mountains of Nepal.
- Pranayama will be led by Sw. Bodhi.
- We will have 4 sessions of meditations during the day, which will include Sufi whirling dances, Tibetan Nadabrahma, Energy drum circles, Kundalini meditation & Laughter therapy.
- Saturday evening White robe Satsang will be accompanied by Live Kirtan music performed by Osho Gandharva band with special guest-musicians. If you play an instrument, bring it! Your music is always welcome.
All levels of meditation experience, or no experience, are invited. Every technique will be explained in detail.
How to Register?
Please fill in the registration form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HFo-gpT5dTO2IWRQlnY5V-gEc2mgq-FuW23keTd6pi8/viewform
Food and Refreshments:
All meals are freshly cooked, organic & vegetarian with vegan & gluten free options. All meals will be provided at the Foundation of Light.
- FREE – Camping on premises of the Foundation of Light is free. Bring your tent & sleeping bag
- FREE – Free indoor dorm-style camping (Bring your own mattress, or rent a mattress for $ 10 per night). Bathroom and showers are also available.
- Luxurious Lodge – Beautiful rooms (some with Jacuzzi) available starting at $45 per person per night including a fancy vegetarian breakfast available at Log Country Inn. Call Vava 703-623-9787 for reservations.
- Semi-private rooms with shared bathroom at the Lodge @ $30 per person.
As part of “Work as Meditation”, those staying for FREE are expected to help organizers set up tables for meals and hall for meditation and music. A free shuttle will be provided between the lodge and The Foundation of Light every morning and evening.
How to arrive ?
The address of Foundation of Light is:
391 Turkey Hill Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
phone: (607) 273-9550
Our NYC shuttle bus will start at 2pm on Friday from Midtown Manhattan. We have ONLY 15 seats, so register soon to reserve and prepay your seat!
Ithaca, NY has its own airport (ITH), so if you are flying out of town, book your ticket to ITH to arrive before 6pm on Friday. We will pick you up from there.
- Friday evening – FREE
- Saturday - $ 50 per person
- Sunday - $ 40 per person
Note – Sliding scale, all donations accepted
The cost includes participation in all Music, Meditation events and Sannyas celebration. Participation fee does not include lodging and food. Food is $5 for breakfast , $ 7.99 each for lunch and dinner.
This is a nonprofit event. Any money saved will be used to make Osho available to more people in the world.
Space is limited, and we encourage you to book your place by prepaying. Methods of payment :
- Send money order or check to
Osho Shambala Meditation Center
308 W Sylvania Ave, 27A
Neptune City, NJ 07753
Please let us know in advance that you are coming and book your space asap. Please fill the registration form by clicking here. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HFo-gpT5dTO2IWRQlnY5V-gEc2mgq-FuW23keTd6pi8/viewform
Come sing, dance, and meditate with us!!